There are many different types of horse fences available to suit your needs. Some people prefer wooden rail or board fences, while others may prefer poly coat or woven wire fences. However, regardless of which type you choose, it is essential that you use an appropriate fence for your particular situation and environment. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using each type of horse fencing. You must know how to correctly use each type to protect your horses and property from injury or damage. This article describes some of the most popular and effective types of horse fencing.
This is probably the most common form of horse fencing in America today. They have become more popular recently because they are very affordable. Board fences come mainly in 2 parts – the top fence (the posts) and the bottom one (the rails). The height of these fences can vary widely; however, some cheaper ones tend to be shorter than others. These fences often consist of wood, metal, plastic, vinyl, or composite materials. They are usually painted, but some are left natural. Boards are usually made up of 3-6mm thick planks in various sizes. Boards can also be used as temporary fencing as well as permanent fencing.
Benefits of Board Fences:
• They are highly versatile. You can put them anywhere in your yard. You don’t need to worry if it is too tall or not tall enough for your horses.
• They provide privacy between neighbors. Board fences prevent neighbors from seeing into your stable area. In addition, they block out noise from outside.
• They make excellent barriers against wild animals and other pests like rats and mice.
• They do not require much maintenance. You can wash them with water when necessary.
Electric Horse Fencing
When deciding what type of horse fencing to purchase, look for an electric fence system tested by experts in the field. These systems have all the necessary components, including a controller box, power supply unit, and individual wires. A good-quality electric fence kit should also include stakes and mounting brackets required to mount the system.
Benefits of Electric Horse Fencing:
• They are easy to maintain and install.
• Electric horse fences provide more control and safety for your horse than traditional horse fencing.
• An electric horse fence will discourage predators away from your property.
• It keeps your horses safe from wild animals.
• It is easy for horses to move around.
• It’s highly effective at keeping unwanted visitors away from your property. They work well as a deterrent against people who trespass onto your land.
Horse Rail Fencing
These fences are ideal for keeping horses within a defined space. Traditionally, horse rail fencing was made of wooden poles set into the ground. Over time, many horse owners have moved towards using high-quality stainless-steel poles. This material is stronger and more durable than wood. Because its high resistance helps protect the horses from injury when they fall off the fence. However, horse rails can be expensive to buy.
Benefits of Horse Rails:
• They help create a strong enclosure for your horse. This ensures the safety and protection of your property.
• They are very convenient and portable. They can easily be transported from one location to another. This makes the installation process faster.
• They can withstand extreme temperatures, making them ideal for warmer climates.
• They can be installed quickly, even on scarce land.
• They can effectively eliminate pests such as rabbits and deer.
• They are long-lasting and highly effective. You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that your horse is protected while enjoying its freedom.
Poly Coat Horse Fencing
Poly Coat fencing is a great option if you own horses that often graze over open spaces. This fencing is usually constructed out of galvanized pipes with a plastic coating. This method is cheaper than other fencing options because of its low initial cost, but it also doesn’t last. After a few years, the plastic coating begins to peel off, leaving bare metal exposed. This can cause serious health problems for the animal and the person who owns the horse.
Benefits of Poly Coat Horse Fencing:
• This kind of fencing is affordable.
• It can be used to enclose large areas.
• It provides adequate security for livestock.
• Its durability gives you confidence that your horse is being kept safely.
Woven Wire Horse Fencing
This type of fencing is similar to poly-coat, but it uses woven wire mesh instead of a plastic-coated pipe. The mesh is stronger than normal wire fencing and less likely to break. Woven wire also allows air circulation between the animals, so they don’t get too hot or cold. When purchasing this fencing, make sure you choose the right size based on the number of horses you want to keep inside it.
Benefits of Woven Wire Horse Fencing:
• It’s cheaper than poly coat fencing.
• It’s easier to install than poly coat fencing. You only need an electrician to do this job.
• A horse can climb up these fences easily. If you put two rows of fencing together, you’ll be able to increase the height without much effort.
• It allows better ventilation.
• It prevents predators like coyotes and foxes.
There are several different kinds of horse fencing available in the market today. They all serve their purpose, and some are better suited for certain situations than others. Your choice should depend on the type of farm you own. An electric fence is recommended when you need to protect your herd from wild predators. Board fencing can be very useful for securing livestock from wandering off into open fields. Poly coat fencing is best for protecting livestock from extreme temperatures during hot summers. There are many advantages of each type of fencing. However, the drawbacks associated with each one must be considered before making a final decision on what to buy.